Friday, January 19, 2007

Did somebody call a cab?

Getting around on a scooter as I do can be a lot of fun, but it's not very safe at night. In those cases, I usually call a cab. When you call, the cab company usually asks that you to give your name in case there is more than one party waiting at the place where you need to be picked up. This saves lots of arguments about "That's my cab!"

I've recently been informed by those in-the-know that "You should give your surname rather than your first name." When I asked why, I was told that people sometimes don't pay the cabbie, and this way they can track you down. So rather than dine-and-dash this would be ride and dash.

With this information in mind, I called for a cab last night, and gave my surname (last name). When the cab arrived, the driver said "Cab for Heidi?"

No comments: