Thursday, February 1, 2007

Rainy day mornings

It's raining. It rained yesterday, and the day before that, and it will rain tomorrow and the next day. The backyard is under about 3 inches of water. Some of the roads here in town are flooded, and the major highway going up north has been closed, or "cut" as the Aussies call it.

I am so thankful that I have a car now. So instead of waiting for the bus in the soppy rain, or trying to ride to school on the scooter through pelting rain, I can ride in relative comfort.

One problem with all the rain is that the ants have returned. When I complained to Dave about the ants he said that they needed to come in because it's raining. I responded "No they don't!" What I meant was that this is my house not theirs! I have to admit to zero interest in the fact that their nests are probably flooded. Tough luck.

When I turned on my laptop with morning, illuminated in bright light was an ant, crawling across the screen. Maybe he wanted to check the weather report.

No comments: